SADC Comparative data and analysis
A comparative examination of election related matters in the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- Head of State
- Head of Government
- Composition of Parliament
- Composition of Lower House
- Composition of Upper House
- Women's representation in the Lower House of Parliament: TABLE · MAP
- Women's representation quotas
- Amendment of the Constitution
- Human rights protection institutions
Legal instruments and guidelines
- International instruments and national laws on democracy and elections
- International guidelines on democracy and elections
Challenges for Democratic Governance & Human Development in Africa, First Annual EISA Symposium, 8-10 November 2006, Wanderers Club, Johannesburg, South Africa.
TIP, I 2006 Security of Elections in Southern Africa, EISA Occassional Paper No 41.
CHIRAMBO, K 2004 Impact of HIV/AIDS on Electoral Processes in Southern Africa [PDF document], EISA Occassional Papers 20.
KABEMBA, C 2003 The Impact of Democracy on Public Participation in The SADC Region [PDF document], EISA Occassional Paper No 13.
- Electoral systems and reform analysis
- Parliamentary constituency delimitation
- Voter registration processes
- Voter education
- Voter registration numbers
- Candidate nomination
- Counting venue and witnesses
- Announcement of results
- Voter turnout statistics
- Election disputes
- International observation
- Electoral management bodies: Legal basis and support
- Electoral management bodies: Composition
- Parliamentary demarcation authority
- Cost of elections