- Compendium of Elections in Southern Africa 1989-2009: 20 Years of Multiparty Democracy, D Kadima and S Booysen (eds) 2009. Order publication
Provides a comprehensive account of the first two decades of inclusive and competitive elections in the region. Covers the period 1989 to 2009 and focuses on 14 countries showing that elections took root and increasingly occurred at regular intervals. In most cases electoral management increased in quality. Yet behind the veil of frequency, there is the reality of an uneven quality of elections. The study identifies trends and highlights the progression and regression of elections.
- Compendium of Elections in Southern Africa Tom Lodge, Denis Kadima and David Pottie (eds) 2002. Order publication
This compendium is a unique collection of baseline information on each of the SADC countries. It draws on analysis of each country in the Southern African region with each contribution organised according to an easy reference format. Topics include the voter registration process, electoral systems, electoral administration, civic education, and more. Comparative information such as geographic and socio-economic data is also included.
- Resourcing the Local State: Local Government and Revenue Raising in the SADC Region. A compendium of research reports EISA 2010. Order publication
The reserach reports where the product of a project was to review the local government finance sector in the SADC region.
- This Seat is Taken: Elections and the Under-representation of Women in Seven Southern African Countries Gender Links 2010. Order publication
The contriutions to this book consider the importance of gender equality to elections. Each contribution assesses the commitment to gender equality on the part of polcy makers, law makers, political party leaders, electoral authorities and civil society in the country concerned.
- Political Integration and Democratisation in Southern Africa: Progress, Problems and Prospects, Khabele Matlosa & Kebapetse Lotshwao, 2010.
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in the SADC Region: Transitions and Prospects for Consolidation, Khabele Matlosa, 2008.
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Political Parties in the SADC Region Through Public Outreach Programmes, Denis Kadima, Khabele Matlosa & Victor Shale, 2006.
- Political Parties and Democratisation in the Southern African Development Community Region: The Weakest Link', Khabele Matlosa, 2005.
- Electoral System Reform, Democracy and Stability in the SADC Region, Khabele Matlosa, 2003.
- Youth Participation in Political Processes in Southern Africa, 2005, Rosebank, Johannesburg.
- Regional Initiatives for Electoral Reform in SADC: Strengthening Democratic Transformation through Identified Benchmarks in the Region, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, August 2004.
- Regional Conference on Election Management, Monitoring and Observation (SADC), 2003.
- Electoral System Reforms in SADC: In Search of Accountability, Representation and Political Stability, 2003.
- SADC NGO Network Roundtable - The Role of Democratic Elections in Promoting Regional Stability and Peace: The Challenge for Civil Society, Dar es Salaam, 1999. Order publication
- NGO Roundtable: Strengthening Democracy through Civil Society, Gaborone, 1997. Order publication
Handbook for Election Observer Missions in the SADC, G Totemeyer, and D Kadima, 2000. Order publication
To assist observer missions from SADC countries, ground rules are determined and operational tasks are identified. The electoral process must be judged according to the integrity, credibility, transparency, inclusiveness, freeness, fairness, as well as voter' understanding of their rights and ability to exercise these rights in an enabling environment.